Looking for a way to get involved? Are you willing to be a leader here at Trinity or in the Diocese of Lexington? If so, now is the time. Nominations are being accepted for Trinity Vestry and Diocesan Convention Deputies. Please consider serving.
Nomination forms for the 2018 Vestry and for the Diocesan Convention are available here and on the table outside the May Room.
Who is eligible?
- Anyone confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church who is aged 16 or older.
- A regular contributor of time, talent, or financial treasure in support of the parish for at least twelve months prior to the election.
- Not a family member of a current Vestry member or a paid member of Trinity’s staff.
What is expected of Vestry members?
- Actively participate in worship and parish life
- Serve a full three-year term unless elected to serve a shorter term
- Attend monthly Vestry meetings (second Monday of the month)
- Actively serve on at least one commission
- Actively participate in various special projects
- Attend annual Vestry retreat
What is expected of Diocesan Convention deputies?
- Thoughtfully read and consider all materials sent to them prior to Diocesan Convention
- Participate in all aspects of the Diocesan Convention to be held the weekend of February 24
- Be aware of the congregation’s feelings on issues coming before the Convention, including various budget issues and candidates for elections to the various offices and boards
- Participate in workshops/breakout sessions/commissions as appropriate
There are four seats open for a 3-year terms for the 2018 Vestry and one open seat for a 2-year term. According to Vestry bylaws, spots will be filled by order of votes received with the four highest vote receivers serving the four open terms. Four convention deputies and two alternates will also be elected.